Coming Soon! The story of the Tribune Building. Albert McFarland constructed this two story commercial structure to house the office and pressroom of the Portsmouth Tribune, one of the city's oldest newspapers, which traces it origins to the Scioto Tribune, first published on December 6th, 1836.
McFarland's Tribune (and later the Portsmouth Blade) was located on the second floor, while the ground floor was rented by Enos Reed for a pharmacy. In 1897, John and George Wurster purchased the drugstore and Wursters became first place of business to sell Coca Cola in Portsmouth.