The Men of Trinity Lodge No. 9, Prince Hall Free & Accepted Masons (1964)

Chartered in 1872, the Trinity Lodge No. 9 of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Ohio, Free and Accepted Mason, has long been a pillar in Portsmouth’s African-American community. Before the construction of their current home, the men of Trinity Lodge met in the old Fourteenth Street Center.

Pictured, front row, left-to-right: Eugene Collins, Joe Austin, Sr., Bruce Gilmore, Bo Slaughter, and Jim Sandler; second row, left-to-right: Ray Arrington, Sr., Harold Byrd, Forrest Taylor, Junior Parker, Standley Spencer, Leroy Barrett, Robert Coleman, Charles Clayton, Grady Battle, Crawford Parker, and Alto Byrd.

Images

The Men of Trinity Lodge No. 9, Prince Hall Free & Accepted Masons (1964)

The Men of Trinity Lodge No. 9, Prince Hall Free & Accepted Masons (1964)

Photo courtesy of the Carl Ackerman Collection, Southern Ohio Museum, Portsmouth, Ohio (Accession No. 1996.2.4328). View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Andrew Lee Feight, Ph.D., “The Men of Trinity Lodge No. 9, Prince Hall Free & Accepted Masons (1964),” Scioto Historical, accessed June 29, 2017, http://sciotohistorical.org/items/show/99.

Share this Story