Coming soon! The story of the West Union Presbyterian Church, which is considered the oldest church building in Ohio that ... is still used as a house of worship. The church is often called the 'Church of the Governors,' as Ohio's second governor, Thomas Kirker, helped organize the congregation and one of Kentucky's governors, Thomas Metcalfe, helped construct the church's walls."
Learn about the church's construction and its role in the Underground Railroad. With its roots in the Eagle Creek settlement, the congregation moved its meeting place to the new county seat of West Union in 1810. From this pulpit, the Reverends William Williamson and Dyer Burgess championed the cause of Christ and the abolition of slavery.